Wednesday, March 28, 2012

All the "CAN'T-STOP-EATING" ladies...

Ever have days when you eat everything in your house? Left over chocolate chips? Check. Half a pack of pepperoni for making pizza? Check. All three bags of mini microwave popcorn? Triple check.

Such was last week.

So as my day to write a “Fit and Fabulous” email to my dear girlfriends approached, I was not feeling it. What I felt was that extra 8lbs I’m sure I added since the night before.

I woke up Sunday feeling horrible, disappointed and like an utter failure. Instead of working out to combat my feelings of fatness, I opened my bible to my scheduled reading for that day. Philippians 4. (I’m a professional procrastinator.)

“I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.”

I have read these verses so many times in my 20 year walk with Jesus, but this time, they had a new meaning all together.

Some days, we get it right. We work out. We eat healthy. We lose weight. And some days, some days we eat the entire $100 load of groceries we bought the day before.

Being content doesn’t necessarily mean happy. Paul doesn’t say he’s learned the secret of being happy. He’s says no matter the situation, he’s content. He’s satisfied. Satisfied in who he is as a person and satisfied in who he is in Christ.

That extra body fat, it doesn’t define me and it doesn’t define who I am in Christ. In Christ, I’m new. Brand spankin’ beautiful and new.

So just in case you need to actually read it to believe it: YOU CAN QUIT WITH THE GUILT TRIP. In the words of Aibileen, “You is kind. You is smart. You is important.” All the rest is just a bonus to the incredible woman you already are.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Thanks for the honesty and encouragement. Have you ever read Made to Crave? If not, you might love it.

    ReplyDelete