Saturday, February 18, 2012

Promises


After spending a week living in fear, I woke up this morning to some pretty sweet promises from the Lord. Reading back through what I underlined, I am stunned that I would ever doubt His faithfulness and His guidance.  

From Ephesians 1-2

"For he chose us in him before the creation of the world…"

"In love, he predestined us to be adopted as his sons…"

"In him we were also chosen…"

"Having believed, you were marked with a seal…"

"But because of his great love for us…"

"For it is by grace you have been saved through faith…"

"For we are God's workmanship…"

"For He himself is our peace…"

"You are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens…"


As someone who gets in my own way a lot, I'm so thankful that I have a God who reminds me of His sweet promises for my life even when I make a mess of it. 

I am chosen. I am loved. I am covered by His peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment